Saturday, April 9, 2011

Imagining the Scene

It's important to find out what types of scenes come to mind in a way that helps you visualize your story to the reader.  I suppose for me it's easier because I have travelled extensively to many different countries and other parts of my country.  

I am confident a healthy imagination will do the job.  Sometimes I visualize a scene for what I am currently writing and not always does it appear to me as a place I have visited.  So the travel is not necessary as I was able to visualize many places.  I guess it's because I had a perception in mind of what I wanted the place to look like even before I got the chance to travel to many different places.  However travelling won't hurt at all.

Right now I am away from home in a place that is rich in history and has rich surroundings.  So I will be soaking in the scenery for future inspiration.  I have to imagine a story to write based on what I see over the next few weeks.  

No comments:

Post a Comment