Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Writing for The Sake of Writing

I wonder about what would motivate others to take up a pen and paper to write a note or letter or some other writing instead of relying heavily on texting and email communications.  In some forums even getting someone to talk to you on the phone is becoming less important. 

I recently gave my school mentee a diary so that she can explore writing.  I am encouraging her to write something each day or even each week in her diary.  Only time will tell how that works out. 

I have send cards and mail but most responses have been in the form of phone calls or emails.  So it's just really hard to get some others to be enthusiastic about writing.  

I didn't have time to write much this week because I have been on the road quite a bit and today I am feeling a bit under the weather and tired from the running around.  I will look for inspiration for next week's topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment