Friday, April 15, 2011

Finding the Right Words

Sometimes it has been difficult to find the right words to convey an idea or a thought to my readers. I have often wondered whether my choice of words would either captivate my audience or turn them away.

Word choice is very important when it comes to making the right connection with an audience. Stephen King recommends a book that will help build vocabulary and grammar in "On Writing". I reviewed this and found that I already possessed a very good grasp of vocabulary and grammar. I've always had a drive to learn new words and have preferred good grammar. This has helped me both personally and professionally.

I like reading various types of books to find new words. I keep a dictionary handy to find the meaning of words that I've not used before or haven't come across in previous readings. From time to time I use Roget's Thesaurus to find a synonym for certain words when I am composing letters or other writings. This helps me keep in the best shape possible as I let the words flow onto the paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment