Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Dealing with Pressure

I find that I am the one who puts the most pressure on me and my writing deadlines. It has its advantages and disadvantages.

In most instances its a definite advantage as I can exert the necessary pressure on myself to get something done. I believe I am self-driven and committed to my aspirations.

On the opposite end of the spectrum I can exert the kind of pressure on myself that can make me feel that I have given myself a heavy burden and that I might fail at making the deadlines. I start to feel panic and a sick feeling in the bottom of my stomach. In some instances I get headaches. It seems the harder I pressure myself the worst the headache gets. When this happens I have to stop what I am doing and give myself a break that is long enough to return to a positive way of approaching my deadlines.

I have been able to persevere and get through these trying periods. It proves to be another positive attribute towards my ultimate goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment